Baptism is going public about your faith in Jesus and communicating to the world your heart-felt commitment to following Him. It's the next step after salvation.
Baptism by immersion symbolizes the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus and is your public declaration that you have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. Baptism does not save you, but shows the world that you have already been saved. And while baptism is not required for salvation, it is a biblical command and demonstrates your love and obedience to Christ. - Colossians 2:12; Acts 2:41; Ephesians 2: 8-9; Matthew 28:19-20
Questions? Email us at email@example.com
Summer Baptism FAQ
Please email your testimony to Jen Vera at firstname.lastname@example.org
Preparing your baptism testimony
Your testimony is a vital part of the baptismal experience. Clearly sharing the difference Christ has made in an individual’s life is a key factor in people coming to know Christ. Your story is something that can be shared over and over again when opportunities arise. You will share your testimony on baptism morning.
USE THESE QUESTIONS AS A GUIDE:
- When did you decide to surrender your life to Jesus and follow Him?
- Why did you make that decision?
- Who was the most influential person that helped you in that decision?
- What was life like before Christ?
- How has your life changed?
- Why do you want to be baptized?
- What verse in Scripture means a lot to you?
Stay in touch
Sign up to receive the eWeekly